Austin & Ally
ustin & Ally is an American sitcom which first aired on the Disney Channel on December 2, 2011. The series was created by Kevin Kopelow and Heath Seifert, the writers and producers of the Disney Channel sitcoms Sonny with a Chance and Jonas. Production for the pilot episode began in mid-February 2011, and on May 24, 2011, the Disney Channel announced that Austin & Ally had been picked up as a series. They initially ordered 13 episodes, though that number was later increased to 21. The first promo for the series was released on October 2011, during the Disney Channel's Make Your Mark: The Ultimate Dance-Off event. A series preview followed the premiere of the Disney Channel Original Movie, Good Luck Charlie, It's Christmas! and the series officially premiered on December 4, 2011. The show was renewed for a second season, and resumed production in the summer of 2012. Season 2 premiered on October 7, 2012, and production for Season 2 ended in January 2013. The show was renewed for a third season on March 12, 2013 at the Disney upfront.
Ross Lynch as Austin Moon, an outgoing singer who became an "overnight" Internet sensation. Austin's closest friends are Dez, Ally and Trish. He loves singing, dancing, pancakes, and having fun. His middle name is Monica. He sort of likes somewhat childish things, including coloring in coloring books, laughing at toilet humor and liking stuffed animals. He is generally shown to be sweet, cute and adorable. It is showed that in season 2 episode 9 (Campers & Complications) that Austin has a crush on Ally. In the same episode, Austin is dating Kira, Jimmy Starr's daughter, but she breaks up with him near the end of the episode. Austin can't decide who he wants to be with, Kira or Ally. In season 2 episode 10 (Chapters and Choices) Austin asks Kira to be his girlfriend, and she says that she will think about it. Later in the episode, he kisses Ally. Right after the kiss, Kira comes up and says she'll be Austin's girlfriend.
Laura Marano as Ally Dawson, a singer-songwriter with extreme stage fright, which developed from her fear of rejection. She wrote the first hit song that Austin performed, and ever since then, has been his partner and songwriter. She works at her dad's music store, Sonic Boom, and is shown to have unusual habits, such as biting her hair when she's nervous and having a big love for pickles. She is a very talented singer and can play the piano but is terrible at dancing. She is very shy and awkward, a personality that often clashes with Austin's. It is revealed in season 2 episode 8 (Girlfriends & Girl Friends) that Ally has a crush on Austin. In season 2 episode 10 (Chapters and Choices) Ally's mom comes back from Africa and Ally performs at her mom's party, curing her stage fright completely. After the performance Austin kisses her but right after, Kira tells Austin she'll be his girlfriend, so they still are not an item.
Raini Rodriguez as Trish, Ally's best friend and Austin's manager. Her jobs change frequently due to her lack of effort and presence at work. However, she takes her job as Austin's manager very seriously, leading to the point where she would put her name and photo on ideal covers for Austin's debut album. She has a complicated love/hate relationship with Dez. Her full name is revealed to be Patricia Maria de la Rosa in the episode Club Owners & Quinceaneras. She is sarcastic, vindictive, has little patience and a bit of a temper.
Calum Worthy as Dez, an aspiring director with a strange fashion style and strong lack of intelligence and meaning. He films all of Austin's music videos and is Austin's best friend. He understands very little and is somewhat annoying, weird, and immature, but becomes serious when it counts.
- Cole Sand as Nelson, an awkward young boy who takes music lessons from Ally. He is known for saying "Aw, nards!" He tends to mix up a word for a word that sounds alike, such as "oboe" and "hobo".
- Andy Milder as Lester, Ally's father. He is the cheapskate owner of the music store Sonic Boom, and is completely ignorant of Ally's musical talents, among other things. He has been heard saying that she has a billion-to-one shot at making it, just like Austin's parents have told him. he is also know to do anything to run his store using the least amount of money possible such as ordering a guitar from korea for 10 dollars and making ally assemble it disregarding the instructions being in korean and not donating instruments to nelsons school if he was not getting money out of it.
- Noah Centineo as Dallas, Ally's former crush and a former employee at a cell phone accessories cart. He rejects Ally when she asks him to dance at Trish's quinceañera in the episode "Club Owners & Quinceaneras", but only because he cannot dance. In the episode "World Records & Work Wreckers", Ally accidentally hires Dallas to work at Sonic Boom and is forced to fire him once it becomes evident that Dallas is a clumsy worker. Dallas now works at the library nearby.
- Ashley Fink as Mindy, an older teenage girl who is the manager of The Melody Diner in the episode "Diners & Daters", She has a huge crush on Dez but he doesn't like her at all. Mindy was first introduced in the episode "myTAB & My Pet".
- Richard Whiten as Jimmy Starr, he is the owner of Starr Records, and has signed Austin Moon to his record label on the episode "Successes & Setbacks". In "Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath", it is revealed that Jimmy has lost his sense of smell, which is why he didn't know that his daughter, Kira Starr, has bad breath.
- Trevor Jackson as Trent, Trish's ex-boyfriend & Team Austin's rival. He first appears in Backups & Breakups when he was Austin's backup dancer. He fakes dating Trish, so he can be Austin's backup dancer. Then he dance-offs with Austin. Then he appears in Crybabies & Cologne when he steals Austin's song, Double Take video, best friend, & T.V. appearances. Then he destroys the Wanda Watson show.
- Aubrey K. Miller as Megan Simms, a 10-year-old Cheetah Beat photographer, Nelson's crush. Megan can quickly be as mean as Trish if people don't appreciate her or what she says but not in front of Nelson though. Although Nelson likes her, She tells him that her career comes first. She also uses short words such as totes, hilar, etc. and she likes to use a sing-songy voice whenever she says them.
- John Henson as Mike Moon, Austin's father, He owns Moon's Mattress Kingdom, a mattress store. He knows a lot about mattresses and the history of them. He is first introduced in "Successes & Setbacks".
- Jill Benjamin as Mimi Moon, Austin's mother, She co-owns Moon's Mattress Kingdom. She used to be a hand model before she went into the mattress selling business. She is first introduced in "Successes & Setbacks".
- Julia Campbell as Penny Dawson, Ally's mother, She was on a research trip for gorillas in "Backups & Breakups", she came home in "Chapters & Choices" to see Ally and her friends, it's revealed that she and Lester are divorced.
- Kiersey Clemons as Kira Starr, Jimmy Starr's daughter with terrible breath. She appears in Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath as Austin's girlfriend in Dez's music video. She had bad breath because she mainly eats garlic and anchovy pizza, but in Girlfriends & Girl Friends she stopped eating them and her bad breath cleared away. She starts dating Austin but then after finding out about his crush on Ally makes him choose between the two. It is shown that he likes Ally more than Kira but is unaware of her crush on him.